SharePoint page/news authoring improvements
Refinements keep coming – simply to make it easier to create beautiful, consumable news and pages, with numerous new options for authors. Create your page or news article to best share durable, mixed-media information to your team or across the enterprise. Let’s look at the five new updates:
- Drag and drop files to the canvas. SharePoint authors will be able to upload images to the Canvas using drag and drop. SharePoint will automatically add the file viewer and upload the file to the document library.
- Link preview. We’ve also added a rich preview for links pasted into the text editor to embed videos from Stream and YouTube links or images with title and description from other links.
- On-page anchors. SharePoint will support anchor links, which allow readers to jump to a specific part of the page.
- Undo/Redo. SharePoint authors will have the option to undo changes prior to saving or publishing.
- Vertical sections. Modern pages can now have vertical sections.
Updated site usage page
The Site usage page in SharePoint sites received an improved user experience to showcase new “Unique Visitors” and “Site Visits” charts. There, too, is a new chart titled “Popular Platforms” where users can check the platform-type (Desktop, Mobile web, Mobile app, Tablet) to analyze where traffic from to better tailor their sites.
OneDrive Azure Active Directory (AAD) business-to-business (B2B) sync (preview)
This preview integrates external sharing in SharePoint and OneDrive with Azure AD B2B. This includes external sharing of files, folders, list items, document libraries and sites. With this integration turned on, when a user shares an item in SharePoint or OneDrive with an external user then a Guest account is immediately created for that external user (if one does not already exist). As a result, any sign-in or conditional access policies in place in your organization will take effect on those external users. (source)
UpSafe Office 365 backup is a service that will not only keep your most valuable SharePoint data backed up in a secure cloud storage, but also apply the same standards of security to your mail, drive, contacts and calendar.
We work for your security